Meg McAlarney is a lifestyle blogger and "Hobbyist" living back and fourth between New York City and Orléans, France (a small city south of Paris) with her husband Kyle, her one year old son, James and their golden retriever, Wooden. In 2010 she started a lifestyle and travel blog called, Jeans and Tees and Travel and Cakes, where she documented her travels and life experiences while living abroad. She wrote about things from fashion, to food, to every day struggles living away from family.
After years of blogging she realized that writing was definitely a passion of hers and wanted to take a leap towards something greater. She saw writing as her vehicle for inspiring and connecting with other like minded women. Being unable to have a traditional job with her lifestyle, she created something, her blog, out of her hobbies, what she is passionate about. She often heard from other people that she had too many hobbies, as if having a few things you are into is a negative thing. Knowing that there were many women like her, however they want to define themselves, she wanted to connect with them. That's when the idea for The Hobbyist Life was born. The goal was to create a site where women feel open about discussing their passions, sharing their story, and where people can come and see that if you have a vision, are determined and ready to work hard, any dream can be accomplished.
The mission was and remains to change the idea of what a woman with a hobby is, to connect with as many people as she can, so that ideas are shared freely, without judgment. She knew her sister Becky could help bring her vision to life and is so excited to be teaming up with her to bring you The Hobbyist Life. She hopes this site will give you a glimpse into her life as a "Hobbyist", someone who has many passions and wants to experience everything life has to offer. Meg's hobbies include running, being an amateur "momtographer", yoga, baking, making a good cocktail, crafting, party planning and she has an extreme love for interior design/decor and all things fashion related.
Fun Facts About Meg:
- Meg got married to her best friend, Kyle on July 19th, 2013.
- She became a new mama to son, James on July 20th, 2015.
- She's completed six full marathons. (NYCx2, Boston, Paris, Chicago & Seattle)
- She's a certified Yoga Instructor
- She admits that she is slightly obsessed with her golden retriever Wooden.
- Coffee makes her extremely happy.
- Meg has six tiny tattoos.
- While living in New York Meg studied Fashion Merchandising Management at F.I.T. in Manhattan.
- She lived in Athens, Greece for a year.
- For the last five years Meg and her husband have lived back a forth between France and New York City.
- One of her life's goals is seeing Paul McCartney in concert.
- She's addicted to Ray-Ban sunglasses.
- Meg is a huge Beatles fan.
- She loves cheering on The Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
- Sundays are her favorite day of the week.
- She could listen to the Beach Boys "God Only Knows" on repeat, forever and ever.
- Forest Gump is her absolute favorite movie of all time.
- Meg admits she is an extremely corny, hopeless romantic.
- She believes a little sparkle makes everything better