Post and Recipe By: Rebecca Perkins
Hello and Happy Hump day people! For the next cookie on our Holiday Cookie List, I went with the simple yet incredibly delicious Florentine. Florentine's are a thin, crunchy and lacey cookie... there are a ton of recipes out there for you to try your hand at... many classic recipes use nuts and dried fruit, but that's not my jam... I decided to keep them simple using oats for crunch, and a dash of cinnamon for a holiday kick... these cookies are insanely buttery, crunchy, with a slight toffee taste ... they went deliciously with my morning coffee... and oh man, were they a cinch to make... and just as easy to devour... I decided to drizzle just a bit of dark chocolate ganache on a few, because, well... why not?
Crispy Crunchy Buttery Florentine's
2/3 cup butter
2 cups quick oats
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup light or dark corn syrup
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
a dash of cinnamon
1. preheat oven to 375 and line baking sheets with silicon mat
2. melt butter in medium saucepan then remove from heat... then stir in oats, sugar, flour, corn syrup, milk, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon... make sure to mix well
3. drop by teaspoon full, about 3 inches apart, onto lined baking sheets
4. bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown, cool the baking sheets on wire racks, peel the cookies gently once they have cooled, this can be a bit tricky, so be patient... if they aren't cooled enough they will start to pull apart
5. if you like, you can drizzle or sandwich the cookies with ganache
6. then enjoy the sweet results of your labor of cookie love...
I decided to keep the Christmas décor to a minimum this year... it was just easier that way with the babe and the puppy getting into EVERYTHING... plus I'm trying my darndest to declutter before our move to San Antonioc in a few months (EEKKK!)... but the biggest reason for not going balls to the wall crazy with the Christmas décor, is that we live in a pretty tiny house... military housing...amiright?!
A few of the decorations I did put out are DIY... like this simple pom-pom garland... if you remember back a few posts I made an adorable pom-pom Rug, so i was down to make some more of those adorable little suckers... I know I'm like 34 ears old, but come on... pom poms are just the cutest, and they add a fun bit of whimsy to any setting...
I kept the garland simple, just used some Christmas colored yarn to make the pom-pom's, and strung it up and some extra yarn... no big deal... except, I really don't know where I want to place it... I've moved it around the downstairs like 5 times already... hopefully by the end of the day I will have settled on a permanent place...
Well, I hope you enjoyed this quick little post... and I look forward to sharing some more cookies and holiday cheer with you all!
Have a great day my friends, and in case you weren't aware...
THERE ARE ONLY 11 DAYS LEFT UNTIL CHRISTMAS!! AHHHHH!!!